AKAIO 1.6 RC2 [File Copy/Paste Error]

If you post anything like these you'll likely be banned

AKAIO 1.6 RC2 [File Copy/Paste Error]

Postby Elaugaufein » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Firmware version: 1.6 RC2
Loader version: 24 March
Acekard type: 2i
Description of problem: AKAIO menu copy option appends extra data to copied files.
Steps to reproduce: Copy a file using the menu copy option, and then paste it somewhere. The file reads as corrupt, after putting the SDHC card in the computer and repairing the card, the file shows a larger filesize and editing it shows that extra data is appended to the end of the file, removing the extra data fixes the file.
Debugged: Repeated the process with different files.
Last edited by FawkYew RTFM on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: format your msd card, use a suggested formatter, and try again. this is a step to debugging!! that you skipped!!
Elaugaufein

Re: AKAIO 1.6 RC2 [File Copy/Paste Error]

Postby Elaugaufein » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:21 am

Did as you requested. As expected the only thing that was changed was that it was different junk data appended to the end of the copied file.
Last edited by FawkYew RTFM on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: you still have yet to fully debug this. try another msd card or contact someone and ask them to test it. try another flash linker. try other builds of akaio. try different formatters on the msd (4 are listed in the wiki in addition to the panasonic tool).
Elaugaufein

Re: AKAIO 1.6 RC2 [File Copy/Paste Error]

Postby FawkYew RTFM » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm

2gb kingston msd formatted using the panasonic tools.
akaio 1.6 rc2 public version
3x ak2.1
1x ak2

created 5 folders in root, test1, test2, test3, test4, and test5
created 1 test.txt and a copy of wario ware's 32MB save renamed to test.sav

both files were copied into the folder test1
both files were copied into the fodler test2
the files from test2 were then copied a second time into test3
test.txt was cut/pasted into test4
test.sav was copy/pasted into test5 and 'B" was hit to cancel the copy. the file was then cut/pasted over the broken copy.
finally i made a copy of wario ware, renamed the save i had manipulated in folder test5 and tested it, loaded up and worked as it should.

results:
test.txt in root 0 bytes
test.sav in root 32.0MB

test.txt in test1 folder 0 bytes
test.sav in test1 folder 32.0MB

test.txt in test2 folder 0 bytes
test.sav in test2 folder 32.0MB

test.txt in test3 folder 0 bytes
test.sav in test3 folder 32.0MB

test.txt in test4 folder 0 bytes

test.sav in test5 folder 32.0MB

if i had a problem i would have tried one of the other 4 tools listed in the akaio wiki, reformatted, and repeated again. i would have tried akaio 1.4, 1.5.1, and 1.6rc1. i would have tried another msd card. i would have asked someone to test for me if i did not have access to another msd card.

you have made 2 posts and you still can't follow the rules. you are basing your problem on an assumption which clearly is unique to your situation. this is not to say that akaio isn't at fault but from my testing it is not. because of that your bug report will stay until rc3 comes out, in case normmatt or smiths would like to double check the copy/paste routine, ds lib, whatever, etc, and so forth. however, this thread will now be closed. the next time you post a bug report without properly debugging you will be banned from this forum for 1 week. perhaps then you can think about how your lack of properly testing wastes time for everyone involved.

here is an example:
lets say normmatt had assumed you were correct. lets say he was a stupid person. he might have spent the greater part of a few days trying to trace down a bug. but this isn't a bug at this point, it's user error or a faulty msd, or a faulty msd slot, or a contact issue, or a corrupt file to begin with, etc.

here is a second example:
you have just wasted 15 min of my time as i debugged for you because you were either to lazy or to stupid to understand. be happy it is easter sunday, a day that your savior gives you blessings, for that i shall not warn or ban you. rejoice in the lord!
WIKI | I am like God here - Mouth off and get banned from my world!

before you post:
read the rules thread
read the "before you post" thread
read about how to properly report a bug
FawkYew RTFM

Return to What not to do