DS Download Play Function - Pokemon Games

Want to suggest new features for the next release?

DS Download Play Function - Pokemon Games

Postby patrick.pwc » Sun May 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi guys

I am not sure if I raise the question in the proper area or not. Anyway, I have searched thousands of webpages and I have not reached a conclusion yet on the following topic -

Pokemon Games' DS Download Play Function

If you guys are playing the Black and White, you may experience the same problem as I do regarding the transfer of pokemon from Gen 4 (e.g. HGSS) to Gen 5 (BW). In order to successfully transfer a pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5, two DS consoles are required. To establish the connection between the two consoles for the above mentioned transfer, DS Download Play function is the ONLY way.

However, I spotted the fact that the two DS failed to connect to each other through DS Download Play. In other words, no transfer was allowed. Therefore, I would like to know whether it is really possible for DS Download Play or not.

Thanks.

P.S. both consoles are fitted with latest versions of AKAIO. Both consoles and their respective HGSS/BW roms were fine with Wifi/ Wirelesss communication.
patrick.pwc

Re: DS Download Play Function - Pokemon Games

Postby Normmatt » Sun May 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Can you post saves for both Black/White and HG/SS so they I can investigate the problem.
Don't piss me off or you'll regret it.
Normmatt
Site Admin

Postby WiZaRd » Sun May 22, 2011 7:02 pm

AFAIK this doesn't work because it doesn't really use the "DS Download Play" function but requires the user to install some app on the second DS which then tries to access a legal ROM in the DS slot - but as the Acekard is recognized as some other cartridge, this won't work. The only way would be if we could specify a ROM ID and savegame to access which - I think - is impossible.
Using AKAIO 1.9.0 - thx a lot, Normatt & Co!
WiZaRd

Postby patrick.pwc » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:47 pm

Thanks for your comments. =D

Well...Normmatt, would you mind if you check your message box? ;)
patrick.pwc

Postby patrick.pwc » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:59 pm

To all of the Pokemon fans

You guys may find this thread interesting. I have sent the HGSS(Gen 4) and BW(Gen 5) sav files to Normmatt. Normmatt is currently investigating into the DS Download Play issue. Let's wait and see if there is any breakthrough on the DS Download Play function on Ak2i!! :twisted:
patrick.pwc

Postby Normmatt » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:47 pm

This is not possible.
Don't piss me off or you'll regret it.
Normmatt
Site Admin

Postby patrick.pwc » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:27 pm

Normmatt wrote:This is not possible.

As the superb investigator Normmatt explained, there is no way to activate Poke Transfer by using Ak2i cards/ AKAIO systems. It is sad to hear such result, but there is a way to transfer the Pokemons from Gen IV to Gen V -

Step 1:
Find your friend who gets Official BW and HGSS cards.

Step 2:
Transfer your HGSS pokemons to those cards (through Wifi or Wireless).

Step 3:
Make a Poke Transfer between those two cards (through DS Download Play).

Step 4:
Transfer back your pokemons from Official BW card to Ak2i! =D

Hope it help.

Regards,
P
patrick.pwc

Postby WiZaRd » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:20 am

@Normatt: I don't doubt that you checked this "issue" thorougly, but I still want to point to my comment above and ask if it's possible (or could be made possible either with an update or with a new Acekard generation) to implement the possibility of adjusting a gameID and savegame that will be accessed when a 3rd party tool or hardware (DS operating system itself) tries to access the card.
Using AKAIO 1.9.0 - thx a lot, Normatt & Co!
WiZaRd

Return to Suggestions