Update spanish translation (by me)

Want to suggest new features for the next release?

Re: Update spanish translation (by me)

Postby Evo.lve » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Personally I prefer having a translation that is understandable albeit not 100% accurate for the sake of comprehension over a translation that is 100% accurate but not as comprehensible.

I mean, "OK" or "Vale"? That's practically what this whole argument is about? Whether people prefer OK or Vale? OK is, albeit English, universally understood. Saying that a translation that uses Vale is better than a translation that uses OK is complete and utter bullshit.
Evo.lve

Postby alfazero » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Tu_yo wrote:So, then speak in english, because already seen that don't speak in my mother lenguage, intolerants... this is discrimination. Well, alfazero my update is the best. In spain the people say "vale" and Ok no, because ok is englis and in spain the people speak spanish, logic... My translate is %100, and i translated all, however i don't know that mean "scroll".

I don't believe that there is a proper Spanish word for "scroll," Tu_yo; and this is exactly my point. "Scroll," the noun (sustantivo,) is like a roll of paper (un rollo de papel.) "Scroll" the verb (verbo,) is kinda like the rolling and unrolling of said roll of paper whilst focusing your view on a point not related to the roll of moving paper, but focusing on the text that passes through a window from the scroll at the same time (enfocamiento solamente en el texto de un rollo de papel que pasa dentro de una ventana mientras el rollo continúa su movimiento.)

Um, yeah.... let's just use "Scroll." ;)
alfazero

Postby yuanyelss » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:13 pm

A Spanish translation is intended to provide all Americans AKAIO Spain and Latin America can understand, "valley" is not often we here in Latin America...
yuanyelss

Previous

Return to Suggestions