Update spanish translation (by me)

Want to suggest new features for the next release?

Update spanish translation (by me)

Postby Tu_yo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:51 am

Hello! I updated the spanish translation,for the add in the next version of the kernel.

Here dowload the translate. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12872666/Updatelspanishtranslate.rar
This translation is 100%, no spelling mistakes, and the it is the best and the most updated (I´m spanish)

Thanks for the kernel´s version, keep it up :mrgreen:

Note:excuse me, but i´m spanish and my level of ingles isn´t good.

I´m user of nds.scenebeta.com
Last edited by Tu_yo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tu_yo

Re: Update spanish translation (by me)

Postby felixsrg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:57 am

You know? I'm the one updating the spanish languaje: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=422 the one that says "lang_es.rar"
felixsrg

Postby Tu_yo » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 am

I know, that was precisely what i updated. This translate had misspelling mistakes, besides not being translate into 100%, check out and compare with mine, you see what i mean. Are you spanish?
Tu_yo

Postby alfazero » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm

First off, I'm not Spanish. I'm a 1st generation American with parents of Mexican descent and Spanish is my first language. I initially took a semester of high school Spanish in high school thinking it would be an easy "A" and I was completely wrong. I went on to complete 4 semesters of Spanish culminating in high honors in Spanish 4AP. ...with that said.

I have compared both Spanish .txts and have found 2 corrected mistakes, 1 minor idiosyncrasy, and several unwarranted grammatical corrections as felixsrg's translation is more geared towards a "functional Spanish menu," and Tu_yo's is ... well ... not so much.

"Aqui" vs. "Aquí" +1 for Tu_yo. This should be corrected. "Menu" vs. "Menú" this should be corrected as well, but the usage of both in felixsrg's translation leads me to believe that this is a minor oversight. "OK" vs "Vale," ... I have a problem with this one. The term, "OK" is universal enough to be understood in a multitude of languages and in my opinion more appropriate in a system menu than something (like, "vale") that actually implies "validity" and can be misconstrued in the event of a system malfunction.

Lastly, the capitalization (or lack thereof.) Tu_yo, these are "topics" and "phrases;" they are not proper sentences with both a subject and a predicate. Every word NEEDS to be capitalized in order to preserve both the validity of the akAIO menu, and the impact to the user. The words aren't NOT capitalized due to a disregard for proper grammar (English, Spanish, etc,) it is done for effect and impact. Just my opinion.
alfazero

Postby Tu_yo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11

Language:
All posts will be in English. Posts typed in another language will be removed and the user warned. All English language posts must be spell checked. Minor typ0s are allowed but obvious unedited posts will be removed.
Last edited by FawkYew RTFM on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: see post
Tu_yo

Postby alfazero » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Ty, FawkYew RTFM. The Spanish translation might need some minor corrections, but it is no need of a major overhaul.
alfazero

Postby Tu_yo » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:56 am

So, then speak in english, because already seen that don't speak in my mother lenguage, intolerants... this is discrimination. Well, alfazero my update is the best. In spain the people say "vale" and Ok no, because ok is englis and in spain the people speak spanish, logic... My translate is %100, and i translated all, however i don't know that mean "scroll".
Tu_yo

Postby felixsrg » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:17 am

Well, the purpose of a Spanish translation is to make AKAIO understandable for all the Spanish and Latin-American people, and "vale" is not something we use here in Latin-America so often. OK is english, I know that, but it sure is a world known word, OK is "all right" (aceptar/vale) here and everywhere, so that's why I left it as it was.

When I started translating, all the Spanish language sentences were lost or in english, so I had to make the Spanish file from scratch and if some sentences are lost is because in that moment the English Language didn't had the sentences either.

I downloaded your file and compared every sentence with mine and making aside the lost sentences your translation was unneded, plus some sentences from your translation are missing too.

I will update the Spanish language again to fit the new AKAIO 1.8.5, I will write my left sentences and fix all the misspellings to stop this misunderstanding, sorry for leaving the translation unattended.
felixsrg

Postby FawkYew RTFM » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:01 pm

Tu_yo wrote:So, then speak in english, because already seen that don't speak in my mother lenguage, intolerants... this is discrimination. Well, alfazero my update is the best. In spain the people say "vale" and Ok no, because ok is englis and in spain the people speak spanish, logic... My translate is %100, and i translated all, however i don't know that mean "scroll".

two people having a disagreement/discussion over something is not fucking discrimination. be a human being and have a talk and figure out how to solve your differences. don't bring up being "discriminated" against again. that’s just bullshit.

you can both have your own translation, if you want your version to be "official" then lets start a poll thread at see where it goes. to be honest i think a translation should be entirely in the native language and that all english phrases and words should be removed. but that is my opinion.
WIKI | I am like God here - Mouth off and get banned from my world!

before you post:
read the rules thread
read the "before you post" thread
read about how to properly report a bug
FawkYew RTFM

Postby alfazero » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:49 pm

In the end, it's up to creators of akAIO to decide if they want a 100% translation with no exception or a 99% translation which makes exceptions for the sake of comprehension towards countries in the western hemisphere that have also adopted the Spanish language as their own. Asking the global akAIO community to decide which they prefer in the form of a poll thread sounds like an excellent idea.

Although the topic of discrimination has already been addressed, I'd like to throw in my 2 centavos worth as well. Tu_yo, this is neither the place nor the forum to be pulling that card. No one is discriminating against you; your post was taken down for a rule violation.

Perhaps in the future rather than submitting an entirely new translation, you can point out the typos in the currently official version instead. Felixsrg has already corrected and submitted his work. Quite frankly, I don't understand the urgency that you express in your posts about wanting your work as the "official" version.
alfazero

Next

Return to Suggestions