Just need to add comment to another suggestion

Want to suggest new features for the next release?

Just need to add comment to another suggestion

Postby oed » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:58 pm

by macgeek417 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:25 pm

Display filename instead of "DS Program File" On my AceKard 2i, I have it set to display the Internal Name instead of the filename, however when there is no internal name it displays "DS Program File" instead. It would be nice if there was a "Internal Name When Available" setting that would display the filename when the additional data is not available.

I also think there should be a change in the file fort algorithm. When I use Internal Name as my "display value" I expect that my list is sorted using this value and not file names.
oed

Re: Just need to add comment to another suggestion

Postby FawkYew RTFM » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14 am

this has been discussed many times. sorting on internal name would require a second check which would drastically slow down directory browsing. it will probably never be implemented.
WIKI | I am like God here - Mouth off and get banned from my world!

before you post:
read the rules thread
read the "before you post" thread
read about how to properly report a bug
FawkYew RTFM

Postby oed » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Can you point me those discussions? What does mean a "second check"? Anyway. Maybe I could find another solution which eventually will not slow down directory browsing or just add an option (disabled by default). I think I can use slower browsing because it will not cause me to search the list 3-6 times to find something. It takes so much time to find when it's unsorted.
oed

Postby FawkYew RTFM » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 pm

there are no discussions. this has been suggested many times. when i say discussed it means among the devs and beta testers. the developers of akaio are well aware that users would like this feature.

when the directory loads akaio is putting files into order. what you are suggesting has been attempted and was VERY slow.

there is no need to further discuss this suggestion on this board.
WIKI | I am like God here - Mouth off and get banned from my world!

before you post:
read the rules thread
read the "before you post" thread
read about how to properly report a bug
FawkYew RTFM

Return to Suggestions