Thumbnail List

Want to suggest new features for the next release?

Thumbnail List

Postby IceKirby » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Hello.

I would like to suggest a file view mode similar to a thumbnails view, showing the file icons in a grid-like way, with its abbreviated name being shown below the icon and the full name of the current selected file appearing in a field in the bottom of the screen.

It would make finding and choosing games/homebrews faster for stuffed folders (althrough it would not be that useful in finding other files).
IceKirby

Re: Thumbnail List

Postby Enrymion » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 am

How would abbreviations work? By just cutting the name at some point?(I can't think of any other way it could work) Also I don't think abbreviations are even necessary just the icon and name of the selected item would be better as it would allow 4 rows to be displayed instead of 3. Anyway I made a quick mock up to see what it could look like with or without abbreviations.

with
and without

Hmm I suppose 3 rows is a bit easier to look at. Of course having both options would be great.

One small problem that I can think of would be that you couldn't use left and right to "flip pages" anymore but I suppose L and R could easily be used for it instead since currently the buttons do nothing important(at least to me) Or if someone actually thinks accidentally adjusting brightness with R and using L instead of b to go back are super important features holding x + up/left or down/right could also be used to flip pages.
Enrymion

Re: Thumbnail List

Postby evandixon » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:15 am

The Supercard DSTWO has something like this already.

I personally would love to see it in AKAIO as well.
evandixon

Return to Suggestions