Backlight on/off in DS phat

Want to suggest new features for the next release?

Backlight on/off in DS phat

Postby FADE » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:58 am

Akaio started forcing the ds to have the backlight on when I use phat since 1.5. It's supposed to retain the backlight status after loading akaio but not anymore, so it has the light on all the time until I turn the ds off completely
Using a cheat to change backlight have no effect to phat

A bug? I just want to have an option in the menu to have backlight on and off for ds phat and my battery doesn't do well anymore with backlight on
FADE

Re: Backlight on/off in DS phat

Postby penthaler » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:26 am

I think that this is impossible.
DS Phat has only light on, when you switch it off, you dont see nothing on both screens (tested with DSL and one game, which has this option)

I had DS Phat few month ago and the backlight was horrible when comparing with DSL or DSi.
DSL is the best choice, there are 4 levels of backlight and the level No1 is the same as Phat (and 4 like DSi)

So in one sentence -> DS Phat backlight cannot be switched off or make lower than it is...
DSL / AK2i / AKAIO (latest)
penthaler

Postby FADE » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:08 am

What are you talking about? The backlight can be turned off from the ds main menu, before selecting acekard or any game
I can play with backlight off with normal games
Last edited by FADE on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
FADE

Postby evandixon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:08 am

penthaler wrote:I think that this is impossible.
DS Phat has only light on, when you switch it off, you dont see nothing on both screens (tested with DSL and one game, which has this option)

I had DS Phat few month ago and the backlight was horrible when comparing with DSL or DSi.
DSL is the best choice, there are 4 levels of backlight and the level No1 is the same as Phat (and 4 like DSi)

So in one sentence -> DS Phat backlight cannot be switched off or make lower than it is...

You can see the things on the original DS when the backlight is off, if you have the right light. You cannot see anything on the DS Lite or DSi, but you can on the original DS.

When saying you can't see anything on the screens, please test it on an original DS, rather than another model.
evandixon

Postby penthaler » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:15 am

Sorry, maybe I was wrong or maybe my old DS Phat was broken or so, but when I switched light off, nothing appears... (btw. tested few month ago... I dont own phat anymore)
DSL / AK2i / AKAIO (latest)
penthaler

Postby FADE » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:03 am

Not interested to make the suggestion? Then move it as a bug instead, I still need to have the backlight off in akaio
FADE

Postby FawkYew RTFM » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm a bit confused on what you are asking for. You leave your DS on all the time then? As in your charge it and just leave it on when you are around the house? So you want a way to turn off the backlight so when your DS is on it isn't actively doing anything and draining the battery? If you turn off the back light you can no longer do anything with the DS Phat. If its a battery problem just shut the DS off? If you aren't playing why would you leave it on? You aren't making your suggestion clear, your reason behind it isn't making sense yet.
WIKI | I am like God here - Mouth off and get banned from my world!

before you post:
read the rules thread
read the "before you post" thread
read about how to properly report a bug
FawkYew RTFM

Postby FADE » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 pm

I just want to use my DS with the backlight off, somehow akaio is forcefully turning on the light.
FawkYew RTFM wrote:If you turn off the back light you can no longer do anything with the DS Phat.
Not true, I can play with it turned off, so I want an option to turn it off as long as akaio is running.
FADE

Postby tommyrev » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:50 pm

DS Phat uses semitransparent reflective TFT LCDs. The ambient light can reflect from DS Phat Screen which graphic can be seen by external light.

DS Lite uses transmissive TFT LCDs. The ambient light pass through DS Lite LCD layer which graphic can not seen by external light.

So, backlight switch is useful for only DS phat users. However, most game have backlight adjust cheat.
tommyrev

Postby FADE » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:16 am

Have you tried turning the backlight off in DS lite? You can do so with the help of homebrew. My friend has one and managed to turn the light off using homebrew. Another way is also using games themselves, yoshi touch n go and dragon ball supersonic warriors 2 to name a few. Although I don't know what the results are in games, but I did see it turned off with homebrew.

This can also mean that DS lite has 1,2,3,4 and off backlight status. But if it doesn't work for you then I don't know what's right or wrong in his DS lite
FADE

Next

Return to Suggestions