also showed good hand usage and the ab

Report any bugs here

also showed good hand usage and the ab

Postby elaine95 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:41 pm

ALLEN PARK Womens Miles Killebrew Jersey , Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions returned from their open date with a significant injury announcement.Jamal Agnew, who earned All-Pro honors last season as a rookie punt returner, was put on injured reserve with a knee problem. The Lions announced the move Monday, although coach Matt Patricia doesn’t seem to be ruling out the possibility of Agnew returning this season.“We’ll just go through the process with it,” Patricia said. “That’s the good thing about that kind of designation is we have options. If we get to that point where we can expedite him or use him, then we’ll try to do that.”What’s clear for now is that the Lions will be without Agnew for a while, and their season could hinge on what happens in these next few games. Detroit (2-3) recovered from a terrible start to the season with victories over Tom Brady and New England and Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay.But those two wins came at home. Now the Lions play three of their next four games on the road — and their next seven are against teams currently at .500 or better.Detroit plays at Miami this weekend.“I’ve always had battles with this team,” said Patricia, a former New England assistant. “They definitely play tough, they play real tough at home. This is a grueling team to play at home. Obviously Womens Devon Kennard Jersey , they do a great job down there. They use the crowd noise to their advantage.”Agnew returned two punts for touchdowns last season. He’s averaged only 5.6 yards per punt return this season but has also returned six kickoffs for an average of 27.8 yards.Agnew also plays cornerback and has even contributed a bit on offense for the Lions.“He’s obviously a very valuable player to our team. Really can do a great job of turning field position, does a great job when he’s out there at gunner, plays defense,” Patricia said. “So, a pretty multiple, versatile player for us. But that’s the nature of the game. We have guys that are going to have to step up and fill those roles whether it’s one person or multiple guys. We’ll just try to put the best guy out there that we can.”Running back Ameer Abdullah has been listed as the backup returner for Detroit, behind Agnew.The Lions actually had a better record on the road (5-3) than at home (4-4) last season, but they’ve dropped their first two games away from home in 2018. Miami is 3-0 at home this season, including an overtime win over Chicago on Sunday in 89-degree weather.“I think as you can see as the games go on down there, the teams in the end — conditioning will be a big part of the game Kerryon Johnson Jersey ,” Patricia said. “They’re fortunate that they have that nice shaded sideline down there for their home team, so we’re going to be in the heat for the entire game.“We’re going to have to deal with that as we go through. But it will be part of practice this week, just getting ready to go from the mentality of: We’re going to have to play 60 minutes against a really tough football team down in their environment.”NOTES: Lions CB Nevin Lawson went to high school in the Miami area and expects to have plenty of supporters in the crowd this weekend — although he said he wasn’t about to become everybody’s ticket broker. “I tell them just go on StubHub.com and you get all the tickets you want,” Lawson said. … The Lions signed LB Trevor Bates to the active roster from the practice squad. … The Lions also announced that they have signed free agent linebackerGarret Dooleyto the practice squad. The Chargers are looking to build off a promising 2018 season."In 2018, the Los Angeles Chargers were overshadowed by their LA counterpart, but the Chargers were far from horrible. Finishing with a 12-4 record wasn’t enough to take the AFC West away from the Chiefs, but it got them into the postseason. From there, they picked up a Wild Card win before being knocked out by the eventual NFL Champions.Now on the clock in the Pride of Detroit Community Mock, it’s up to zernbabyzern to add a player that will help them jump the Chiefs this year.With the 28th pick in the POD Community Mock, the Chargers select Ohio State defensive tackle Dre’Mont Jones. Here’s zernbabyzern with the explanation:“The draft board did not exactly fall well for my Chargers here Womens A'Shawn Robinson Jersey , who have bigtime needs at both DT and OT.LB was another position of consideration but there isn’t really value at that position until you get later in the draft. That left me in the position of having to reach a bit for Dre’Mont Jones out of Ohio State.Jones fits exactly what we are looking for in Los Angeles, as he is another disruptive player along the defensive line fitting in well between Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram but also with some positional flexibility due to his size to shift outside, if needed.Jones’ strength is as a pass-rusher, and during his time at OSU he displayed great burst off the snap and ability to get upfield and disrupt the offense. He also showed good hand usage and the ability to use pass-rushing moves to disengage from blockers. One of my favorite things about Jones is that he displays the willingness and ability to run down plays that have gotten past him, displaying solid athleticism on tape.The downside to Jones game is that he is so quick off the ball that he neglects to diagnose the play and can take himself out of it and vacate his gap responsibility.He also struggled with double teams in college, but I don’t feel that will be as much of an issue in the pros due to the previously mentioned Bosa and Ingram. One concern I have around Jones is his disappointing combine performance that showed really only average athleticism which is not what you see on tape.Overall, I feel good about my pick here as there just isn’t a great selection of DTs, OTs or LBs that are worthy of this spot. Jones should come in right away and get solid playing time with Liuget on the interior DL.Catch up on all of the picks with our Community Mock Draft Tracker
elaine95

Return to Bug Reports